Thursday, January 21, 2016

I love...

I love
The smell of him
In my sheets.

I would turn over
In the middle
Of the night
And it would be
There.
I would breathe
Him in.

I love his
Scent.

I love
His skin.

Alabaster black
In some places
And a sweet
Brown in others.
So sweet
I would kiss it
Here, there,
Anywhere and
Everywhere.

I love
His skin.

I love
Sleeping with him.

I knew I was
Long past infatuation
When I could
Dream with his
Arms wrapped around
Me.

We weren't two
Lumpy masses
Existing on a
Plane courting
Nocturnal bliss,
We fit perfectly
Together, in more
Ways than one.

I love
Sleeping with him.

I love...

I love....
Him.

Not for reasons
Or concepts but
Because he is
One star and
So am I
And in a universe
Of stars, we
Somehow found
Each other,
We found someone
Who fits perfectly.

Then again,
I guess
That is
A reason.



I will be honest and say that my handwriting was awful, so there are a few words in this that I doubt was in the original poem. Still working on my poetry.

1 comment:

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Perfect as is, especially the twist at the end.

 
;